When you think about Daniel Craig, the first thing that might come to your mind is that he is the sixth actor that played James Bond – which is something that simultaneously made him one of the most famous people in Britain. He debuted in 2006 with the first installment of the James Bond series “Casino Royale” and his career is still going strong with his latest film “No Time to Die”.
If you are interested in watching some of his films and TV shows, this article might be quite helpful. Especially since the text below will feature his best movies, as well as a short guide on choosing the best streaming service available. Let’s take a closer look at the flicks starring Daniel Craig that you should definitely watch:
1. “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo” (2011), Available on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon
The first one on this list was directed by the well-known David Fincher and it was based on one of the bestselling books of all times – “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo”. It is a psychological crime thriller and it was praised quite a lot for the tone of the drama, as well as the cast’s performance.
Craig took on the role of a reporter Mikael Blomkvist, who decides to hire a hacker named Lisbeth in order for her to investigate the case of a missing person that disappeared into thin air, more than forty years ago. Both of the main actor and actresses performance was praised by critics all over the world, and it was a breakthrough adaptation for Rooney Mara.
2. “Logan Lucky” (2017), Available on Amazon, Netflix
A lot of fans were surprised when they heard that the person who directed “Ocean’s Eleven”, Steven Soderbergh, decided to come out of his retirement to be the director and producer behind this incredibly funny heist comedy. It is worth mentioning that the cast is amazing and that it includes celebrities such as Channing Tatum, Hilary Swank, and the Star Wars actor, Adam Driver.
The story tracks the Logan family as they are carefully planning a heist of the Charlotte Motor Speedway while trying to avoid the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Daniel took on the part of Joe who has a close connection to the Logan family. He was imprisoned before for a similar thing and that is why the family decided to hire him for the job.
3. “Munich” (2005), Available on Amazon
If you loved Steven Spielberg’s “Jaws”, “Saving Private Ryan”, and let’s say, “Jurassic Park”, you will definitely love the adaptation of this historical thriller that was based on the events that followed a massacre at the Summer Olympics in Munich during 1972. Eric Bana plays Avner who is a Mossad agent who is in charge of organizing 11 assassinations of the people “involved” in the previous event.
He then proceeds to form a team of people who volunteer from all over the globe, which, of course, includes Craig as a driver from South Africa, Steve. The film went on two get 5 Academy nominations, including ones for Best Picture. Despite the film being nominated for 5 Oscars, the movie is still the lowest-earning Spielberg movie to date.
4. “No Time to Die” (2020), Will Be Available on Couchpop
Fear not, Daniel is back for yet another “007” movie! You might remember the famous James Bond leaving his active services, however, his peaceful retirement will soon be over when an old friend from the CIA turns up at his doorstep to ask for him for his assistance.
Naturally, this event leads Bond to discover an enigmatic villain that is armed with a technology that is new, yet incredibly dangerous for the entire world. If you are interested in seeing when you can stream “No Time to Die”, check out Couchpop for additional information.
5. “Layer Cake” (2004), Available on Netflix, Amazon
This movie is also known as “L4YER CAK3”, and it was a debut movie for the, now known, Matthew Vaughn – who later on worked as a director on movies such as “Kick-Ass” and “Kingsman: The Secret Circle”. Daniel plays the role of a narcotics dealer also known as XXXX and it follows him as he tries to leave his old life behind.
But, there is a catch, before he can actually go legitimate, he needs to wrap up some ends that are demanded from his boss. Some individuals and critics strongly believe that this interesting and incredibly fun movie led to Daniel getting his role as the mysterious “007” agent, James Bond.
How to Choose a Streaming Service?
As you already know, streaming services do not come free, and that is why sometimes, you need to decide between several ones. However, there are some key aspects that you should consider about the platforms first. The things you must consider include:
- What Movies And TV Dramas Does The Company Provide? – This is perhaps the first thing that you should check. Different platforms offer different films and TV series, hence, you should check out which ones will you be able to see. For example, you cannot watch Riverdale on Hulu, but you can watch it on Netflix, so, make sure that you check before you subscribe to a streaming services provider.
- The Price – as you already know, online streaming services do come with a cheap price tag, however, you should check if you are getting what you are paying for. This means that you should check whether or not it can feature several accounts and whether or not can it be used on a smartphone or smart TV.
- Buffering Speed – let’s be honest, no one likes waiting for their favorite TV series for a week just to find out that it will take half an hour to load. This is why you should check the experiences of current or previous users. Hence, you can determine whether or not it is actually worth investing in.
As you can see, there are various Daniel Craig films that you can stream on various platforms online. Hence, now that you know where you can watch some of his best movies, do not waste any more time. Instead, determine what movie you want to watch, grab some popcorn, and enjoy a relaxing, movie night!