– Do you need a break from your everyday routine? Do you want to escape into a wonderful, glittering world of glamor and glitz? Well, you are lucky, because you are not the only one who feels like that. When we are wishing for a little escapism made from satin and chiffon, we tend to turn to some of the fashion-centric films and it is not only about the costume department. For those women who get a thrill every time that we see a gorgeous skirt or a perfect shoe, fashion movies are addictive and they offer the chance to take us to ateliers of our favorite designers, onto the catwalk, and they also allow us to sit at the editor’s desk for a bit. Whether you want to remind yourself of Yves Saint Laurent, you could watch The Devil Wears Prada or you could have fun times by watching Zoolander, there is a wide range of movies that will be in your queue. These 5 movies are the best fashion movies that you could watch:
– Isaac Mizrahi is quite a personality, so it is only natural that he is the star of the 1990s documentary about, well, himself. Isaac was best friend with literally every supermodel during that time, including some big names like Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell.
2. Dior and I
– The design Raf Simons that is the star of this documentary left the company Dior where he resigned for the position of head designer. Although Simons created every collection this house presented to the public, there is a team of incredibly creative and talented designers at the Dior house whom all help bring those visions to life so wonderfully that you might even get emotional when you see them float down the catwalk.
3. The Gospel According to Andre
– The career and life of the fashion icon Andre Leon Talley are the main focus of this documentary. He was the editor-at-large at Vogue, spent time at Andy Warhol’s Factory, and was a guest judge on America’s Next Top Model for a few years. This film also explores and shows how the luminary put a light on African-American designers and models in the fashion industry.
4. Funny Face
– Well, if you have not seen this movie from 1957 with Audrey Hepburn, this is a must-see for every fashion fan. Jo the bookshop clerk, who is played by Audrey, was discovered by a photographer Dick Avery and becomes a modeling sensation for Quality magazine. Despite the misgivings of the fashion industry, Jo and Dick fly to Paris and she finds her true love, as well as herself.
5. Ocean’s 8
– Ocean’s 8 starring some of the most famous actresses, Sandra Bullock, Sarah Paulson, Anne Hathaway, and the famous singer Rihanna is about a jewel heist. It is not exactly a fashion movie, however, the heist takes place at the Fashion Prom, aka the Met Gala. Famous fashion celebrities like Kendall Jenner, Anna Wintour, Alexander Wang, and Serena Williams all have cameos in this movie. If you want to check some dresses similar to the ones in the movie, click here.
– All these movies will make your relaxation time more fun, interesting, and pleasant. So, do not waste any more time, go grab some popcorn and play your favorite movie.